Saturday, December 4, 2010

Updates

2010 was an eventful year and had much that we are thankful for. Early in the year, I was continuing to get used to working full time again...love my job so much. I began working as a temporary employee during H1N1 season at the Health Department and on December 18th 2009, was offered a full time job which was a blessing for us. I can honestly say this is the best job that I have ever had in my life. The people are phenomenal and I could be here the rest of my life. We were still living in Mendon and found out that the owners of the home we were renting decided to return so in May we began searching for a new place to live again. We absolutely love the rural area, but were faced with where we moved and whether or not we would have to change the kids and the school system they were in. Thanks to a great friend, we found an amazing place to rent in a little community called Newton and we absolutely LOVE it and it feels like home...I think we could stay here. We talked with the girls and made the committment that we would stay in this area at least through the time they graduated so they would not need to change schools again. We loved Mendon and were so sad to leave and were bummed that we had to leave, but so much good has come from this move. The girls have flourished in our new home and community and love their new schools as well. Sophie is now 9 1/2 years old and in the 4th grade and Samantha is now 12 and in Middle School, the 6th grade. The little community that we live in does not have a school system so the girls are bused to their schools and have an almost hour bus ride each day. They have made some great friends and are very involved in several things. Samantha has been involved in Drama and Sewing clubs and made a very close friend of one of my good friends daughter and they are inseperable. Sophie has taken up the Viola and is very good at this...doesn't love the practicing, but I think she is getting more used to it. She has her first concert coming up and I'm sure she will do great.

On July 10th, we had to have our oldest Newfie, TJ put to sleep and this was SO HARD. We loved him so much and he has been missed so much. He got spondalosa and got to a point that he could no longer walk. We have missed him a lot, he was only 6 years old. Katie, our other newfie has been depressed and still not quite the same since has has been gone. She does not like to be home alone once it is dark...it is sad as she will howl and she just sits and watches at the window.

We did get a new addition to our family in October, a little orange tabbie kitten, named Jacob and believe it or not, he is adorable and been a nice addition to our family. He and Katie do get along even better than one would expect...he is about 3-4 months old now and we really enjoy him.

I am continuing to sell Cookie Lee Jewelry and LOVE IT!!! I have done it now for almost 7 years and will never give it up. I learned to be creative with my business since I now work full time in addition, but it has been so fun as people are learning what I do and I love that. The Dream Getaway Trip this year was a Mediterranean Cruise and it has always been a "bucket list" item of mine to go and do that so I was all over this. I set my goals and got creative with my time and in September, I earned my Mediteranean Cruise and CAN NOT WAIT! I go in May next year and am so excited. We will fly into Barcelona and have a couple of Spanish ports and 3 in Italy...what an amazing experience and one that will help me celebrate my 40th birthday next year!!!

Mark's business continues to supplement our income and he has become Mr. Mom again and I am so thankful for that. He is an awesome husband and father and has made my transition back to work and easy thing. I swear I hardly ever cook or clean anymore as Mark has taken over all of that.

We have found in the past year that another move was in our plan and we have finally found a community that does feel like home and I have not had that for a long time. I thank God every day that we were led to this community and this area as it has been exactly what our family needed.

I will continue to post some pictures and update things, but I promise to be better about keeping this updated now. Until next time...

2 comments:

@mie said...

Yay!!!
An update!
So glad you guys are doing so well! We miss you!
I can't get over how much the girls have grown up... Samantha is in middle school! That blows my mind!!!
Sorry for all the exclamation marks, I am just so excited for an update!

We hope all continues to go well for you and that you are feeling great!

Lisa said...

Amie - WOW, look at your girls and NOW, little guy...congrats...you have 4 now and finally got your boy!!! How is the new house and 4...we are great and yes, the girls are getting so big...they are so fun! I absolutely love it here in the Logan area and I think we are here to stay. Keep in touch.

1st & 2nd Bear Lake Day Trip 2009


Our Boise Trip Over Thanksgiving


Our Family Pictures