Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bear Lake Day Trip

We had so much fun today! We decided the day was so beautiful and really was not worth wasting. We decided to go to Bear Lake which is about an hour for us now and the weather was in the upper 70's today. We packed a picnic and the girls really wanted to swim so they grabbed their suits and we thought the water would be way too cold, but as you will see in the pics, it was an awesome day!!! We got up there in the afternoon and decided to find a place to have our picnic and then go from there and we found this really fun area near Lakewood by the lake that had picnic tables and a great beach area and we had our lunch and then found that they also rented canoes so we rented one of those for an hour. This had the girls and Mark dumbfounded by my behavior as I had never been on a canoe before and it honestly made me really nervous. I know - Mark could not believe it. He thought I was afraid of falling in the water, but I just did not like the wobbliness of it and needed some time to adjust. We had a good time, but I just did not want it to tip and get all wet - I did not have plans of getting wet so was fully clothed and did not want to be wet - WRONG!!! Of course, Mark and I were in it and we tipped right by the shore and YES, I was all wet. OH well, the girls sure got a kick out of it...The girls had such a blast playing in the water and splashing around - it was an awesome day and really just what we needed. We realized it has been so long since we've just had a family day to go and have fun like this and enjoy all together. The last time we went to Bear Lake was almost 2 years ago. We also found some great campgrounds on the way up that we want to go back and camp at so it was an amazingly beautiful day and we had so much fun and loved living in this area so much.

No comments:

1st & 2nd Bear Lake Day Trip 2009


Our Boise Trip Over Thanksgiving


Our Family Pictures